CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 8, 2008

Remembering the Lasts

So, the week before I start CareerStart I'll be taking my last official Disney Vacation BEFORE becoming a Cast Member. My Last chance to blissfully observe the Disney Magic without having to know how it's done! Even though I'm eager to know how it's done there is still something in enjoying things completely ignorant of how really are! And so it is time for a trip through Nostalgia, I have taken pictures of the main souvenirs that I have brought back from my three previous trips to Disney World, each one is special and hopefully I'll come back with another souvenir with a great story behind it.

My Minnie Mouse Marionette doll came from my very first trip to Disney World, I was 9 and I wanted a real working Monorail Model that was probably bigger than my living room, I settled for Minnie after a firm "Hell No" from my parents. Little did I know that soon I would be shoving Minnie in my bag to sneak to school and show my friends LOOK, I go this from DISNEY WORLD, gloating because most of them had never been. Her strings are tangled,her buttons missing and she's long since been missing a nose, in my opinion it's proof that I love her and the memories she brings back. Even if I could never get her to tap dance.
Not many kid's have a big orange dinosaurs, even less have big orange dinosaurs named Humphrey and yes I gave him that name. Humphrey is from my second trip to Walt Disney World, and although he wasn't purchased as a souvenir but won in a game at Dino Land U.S.A. I love him more than my purchased souvenir. Imagine riding about 8 times in a row on the Primevil Whirl, getting of the ride dizzy and hyper and spazzy and then challenging a full set of people to one of those shoot the water at the target game, no one ever expects to win because their are so many people but I did it! I won! And the wonderful castmember who ran the game made me feel even better about it shouting "well isn't that amazing? You've got to be the best Dinosaur tamer I know, which one of these guys is going home with you?" Humphrey called out to me, his big black eyes said, choose me,and I did, and he's never ever too far away, I am even seriously considering bringing him to Florida with me,I was twelve then and the memory of that day still makes me feel as dizzy and on top of the world as I did then. It's a wonderful feeling.
Please direct you attention to the ears on Humphrey's head, thank you I hope you have a wonderful visit today at My WDW CareerStart blog, have a magical day! Sorry couldn't resist, those ears on Humphreys head came from my last trip to Disney World, I was 16 and in my previous trips had never gotten mouse ears! I know it's shameful, so this time I made sure I got them, I even wore them to school when I got back, I got weird looks but I didn't care, I'd finally gotten my ears.

So to my old and trusted souvenirs...no, memories, no worries even though I'll return with things newer and shinier than you, you guy's will always be my firsts, and thats unforgettable.

0 comments: